Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ego in action???

Byline: Westford, MA

This morning I am pondering the struggle between my ego and taking action.

For so long my ego was the driving force behind most actions I would take. Breaking that co-dependance is proving to be very difficult.

For many years God has been working within me to lessen my ego. This has been a tremendous gift, and the very root of any progress made toward Him.

One challenge arising from this is a difficulty in separating the ego and action. In the past I would usually take action quickly and decisively, but even the good actions were often ego driven. What will this do for me?

Today, I find that I often wait for some level of certainty that this is truly good before acting. While this may seem better sometimes it means I frequently wait too long before acting, allowing tension to build around situations more than might be necessary.

Going forward I ask God for the grace to act on His time, without the dependance on ego for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment