Fr. Bill is a friend who needs our prayers.
There have been many opinions expressed about his recent troubles. Here is mine...
I believe that the only thing that has happened here is that it has been publicly confirmed that Fr. Ventura is a sinner as we all are. I would certainly not like to have my darkest moment splashed in the newspapers or on TV, would you?
Certainly the Church has an obligation to investigate and be sure that these incidents are not a pattern that could be put Fr. Bill or others in ongoing risk. But, within the limits of the law, I hope and pray that there is a path for Fr. Bill to continue in service of our Church and the Lord.
Imagine the trouble his heart must be feeling... A young man who has spent much of his life pursuing a life in union with Christ, Jesus. Please pray for his healing and that these troubles may help him to grow closer to our Lord. My personal experience has been that I gain the most growth toward Him as I pass though difficult times. May the Lord use these difficult times for His good, and to ultimately grow His Kingdom here on Earth.
Please join me in praying often for Fr. Bill.
Thank you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment